Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Craigslist: Oo-ooh, that smell!

I want to hear from everyone who has had trouble with ads they have clicked on Craigslist. Recently, doing some job searching, I have been getting the same treatment from employers I contacted through craigslist. They sent me a reply to my resume` and say I need to go through some other application to qualify for an interview. Today a reply to a resume` sent me here: http://www.nationalcreditreport.com/lp/ncr1/index.php?cd=32 Being the observant guy I am, I saw the two asterisks by the word Free. I checked the disclaimers and found that the "Free" credit check would cost me $14.95 a month or $179.40 per year. Free? That stuff will grow mighty nice roses, pal! This is a scam. It's phishing. Anyway, I'd had enough, so I reported them to IC3. Have any of the rest of you been having this type of problem with craigslist ads? Sound off!

I also saw a blurb somewhere where law enforcement officials have said craigslist is complicit in millions of dollars worth of prostitution. The owner of craigslist fired back that they had nothing to do with that kind of business. My question would be, if that is so, what lies under the heading Erotic Services on your site? I know those are Marriage Counselors, right? Give me a break!

No comments: